I had a pretty good week last week!! My belly has still been giving me a lot of trouble, which can cause some frustration in the weight loss/feeling lean department! Some of the goals got switched around but let’s see how I did!!
1. Take 2 rest days: Make these two days with no working out, and really just take it easy, rest and stretch it out! Yes!! It was a little bit easy to do because I felt pretty sick this week and had some serious leg pain!
2. Make a new goal that is set for distance only. Keep it attainable and reasonable for the hectic schedule I have. This week the goal is to run 16K total. It doesn’t matter how long the runs take, I just want the distance! This was not attained due to the pain mentioned above. I did start interval training and also ran an impromptu 5K race on Saturday!! My overall distance this week was: 12K…I am 4K behind on my goal…IT IS OKAY!
3. Learn how to pace myself better- Try for one endurance run this week. No set numbers, just go as far as I can! Set a new interval training program in order to help my endurance. I am hoping to be running 5 miles by the end of this month! Still having trouble slowing pace and finding a way to maintain without burning out.
4. Eat more protein- and be sure to eat natural, healthy foods as fuel, don’t try to skimp out on foods, I need to learn to give my body what it needs through trial and error! Ate more nuts, seeds and tofu this week to increase my protein. I cooked more lean meats to make sure I had at least two times a day!!
5. Stress Less and let it go: The things that are stressing me about our move, green card, and a recent family loss are out of my control. I need to accept them, let the stress go and give up trying to control. Things will happen the way they are supposed to, I just need to be along for the ride! I did do better with this goal!! I tried to just let my mind go a lot more and not over think. Once I set my endurance goal, I just let go of worrying about how I was running. When I ran the 5K on Saturday I did not worry that I walked twice for 30 seconds, I just listened to my body and STILL finished faster than my last 5K race!! I had a devastating family loss this past week and I just tried to focus on the positive memories rather than the future loss!
1. No little bits of snacking: I might be off weight watchers, but I want to make a meal plan, stick to it without straying, and log what I eat. I need to keep better track so I am managing my emotions and times that I grab a few bites out of boredom!!
2. Two rest days again: This is going to be a goal staple until it becomes a habit to me! Rest days this week are: Tuesday and Friday.
3. Get leg back in running shape: My right leg is seriously hurting me. It comes and goes but after looking into it and getting some help from friends, I have realized it is a shin splint. I need to get new shoes and I need to keep up with the ‘listening to my body’ goal! I am going to stretch before and after my runs, NO EXCUSES!
4. Switch it up: I want to switch up my workouts a bit so my body does not get too comfortable! I am doing: 45 min Turbo Kick, Shred level 2, and Yoga Meltdown level 2 this week.
5. Get my house organized and ready to be packed up: This is something that is stressing my husband out, so I need to be diligent to make sure I am doing EVERYTHING I can to ease his load! He has a million appointments, out proccessing, and other stuff to worry about.
6. Print these goals off and tape ’em to the fridge: I got off track a bit last week because I did not have these printed out and I honestly forgot what some of my goals were. Not this time. I am being sure to keep on track with all goals!!
What are your goals for the week?????? Do you struggle with some goals more than others (ie: stress, exercise, eating right)?